Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cooking School 101 - Cumin does not equal Cloves


Know what isn’t frugal? Baking something and using a wrong ingredient so the whole batch goes to waste!

Last night I set out to whip up some of my delicious low fat (1 TBSP oil, 1 egg) banana muffins for Boss’ Day. I also added some mini-chocolate chips and made a chocolaty crumb topping (negating the low-fat part). I whipped these up and started baking them before I noticed I put CUMIN in them instead of CLOVES. UGH! I was hopeful that it wouldn’t be noticed and as I bit into one, I was pleased that I didn’t notice anything funny about them. Until Sissy and Hubby tasted them. They both noticed the cumin flavor. ARGH! So there was no Boss’ Day treat today and a batch of muffins went to waste!

Sissy commented “At least this will make a good blog story” and she is right. Just file this under “Katie’s Cooking Blunders”

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i love cumin! :) (can't make my homemade taco seasoning w/o it) but i certainly can't imagine it in muffins! :P