Monday, September 8, 2008

Menu Planning Monday!


Phew, last week went really smooth! The lemon chicken was a huge hit with the hubby. I used broccoli, green pepper (from our garden!) and onion as the veggies and served it over brown rice. He said “I never thought I’d eat brown rice, but its actually good!” He also really liked the Shake n Bake chicken and red beans and rice.
We also had corkscrew "spaghetti", hubby wanted different noodles and swore they tasted WAY better! I'm a little sad as this meal used up the last of our left wedding meatballs. We had meatballs at our reception and there were a ton left, so we froze them and used them in a ton of dishes but alas, they are no more.

This week’s menu has already gotten jumbled, we were going to have pork loin tonight but since I over slept an hour, there was no time for prep work/plugging in the crock-pot. We’ll just have it tomorrow night.

I baked blueberry muffins this weekend and sprinkled some Just Bunches cereal on them for a yummy topping. I got the box for $0.90! I also made sugar cookies and frosted them with leftover mocha-fudge frosting.

Here is what we’ll eat this week:

Monday: Chicken strips and broccoli-rice casserole (thank goodness for freezer stock!)

Tuesdays: Pork loin, mashed potatoes, corn

Wednesday: Biscuits and gravy, eggs

Thursday: Enchiladas, rice

Friday: Leftovers or frozen pizza

Saturday: On my own, hubby is going to his parents

Sunday: ?? Hubby still at his parents, I’m going to my grandparents

For more menu ideas, recipes and tips check out Menu Planning Monday hosted by Laura!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i'm not sure what day we'll be at the house painting, so i wasn't able to meal plan this week. but we'll be over to your house wednesday for biscuits and gravy!