Monday, August 4, 2008

Menu Planning Monday! For more great meal ideas and recipes check out Laura’s blog!

Monday: Egg Salad Sandwiches, Pringles, Grapes (picnic before softball)

Tuesday: BBQ pork sandwiches, tator tots, corn on the cob

And that’s where I fall blank! I just haven’t been good this weekend at planning out my menu, I was too busy clipping ALL the coupons yesterday. So if you have any ideas for me, let me know!!

We didn’t do well at all this week sticking to our menu. Bold is what we ate, italics is what was planned.

Monday: Went out for Chinese. Used money hubby got from returning some tow straps we don’t need. Smoked Sausage and Scalloped Potatoes (once again trying this meal), fruit salad

Tuesday: Smoked Sausage and Scalloped Potatoes (finally!!), fruit salad, steamed zucchini and summer squash. Pasta with chicken and veggies, garlic bread

Wednesday: I ate Burger King on the way home from the Island, Hubby had Taco Bell before golf. BBQ pork sandwiches, tator tots, corn on the cob

Thursday: Meatballs, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits. Meatballs, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Friday: Mom and dad brought over pizza and we ate on the patio. Frozen pizza/leftover buffet

Saturday: Sish-ka-bobs! We had everything for them except for the sticks. A perfect summer meal. date night!

Sunday: Date Night (actually more like afternoon). We went to Red Lobster and it was only $13.xx with a coupon. Not too shabby!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Since its been so hot..do some BLT'S....it always goes over so well in our home.

Sonshine said...

Take some of those meals that you planned last week and didn't get to for the rest of your week this week! Or do up some pasta salads.

OH and don't beat yourself up too much for not sticking to your plan. Life happens so plans change!

I think for one of my sandwich lunches this week I am going to do up some egg salad...that sounds good! :)

Brooke said...

i was out of town this weekend, so i haven't done mine for the week either. you're a step ahead of me - i'm not sure what we're having for dinner tonight!