Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Favorite Thing


Super Sarah from Fiddledeedee is once again hosting a round of Favorite Things and I had so much fun last time that I'm playing again!

Again one of my favorite things revolves around the kitchen. I love my glass cake pedestal! I got it for a Christmas present from my in-laws last year and love using it. Whatever I put on it looks so much more tasty and inviting, plus its pretty enough to store in an open hutch for all to see. Who doesn't want something that makes store bought cookies look 100 times more delectable and gives the impression that I was slaving away over a hot oven all day. Exactly!
Special thanks to Kama for reminding me that this also doubles as a punch bowl! You take the dome off and flip the stand part over and put the upside down dome (handle) into the stem. Voila! 2 products for the price of one and only one to store! Woo-hoo!!

4 comments:

Kama said...

Does it also double as a punch bowl? I've seen some that look like that and they are really nice.

GeonHui's Bakery said...

I'd love to get something like this. It is amazing how a decorative dish like this really spruces up your goodies.

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Very pretty! I use mine for other foods too, and enjoy the added dimension that it gives a serving table. Like you said, everything looks fancier on a cake stand ;)

Thanks for participating in My Favorite Things again!

Mikki said...

Very cool! I love items that can multi-task.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a nice place here. Hope to be back by and visit soon.

As for your magazine - have you ever thought of dropping them by the hospital emergency room? Or a nursing home? Sometimes they like stuff like that :-)

Have a great day!