Monday, December 15, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

I've been winging it lately as Hubby and I have had his BFF (do guys have BFFs?) live with us for about 2 months as he is waiting his immigration paper work to clear before heading to Canada. Sometimes he cooks, sometimes he isn't there and sometimes he treats us to pizza or dinner out. We also eat in the car on Wednesdays (church) and Thursdays (Dodge ball) and some Mondays (Church Leadership Meeting) so planning eat in the car "meals" is quite the challege. But I'm too frugal to okay eating out twice a week!

Sunday: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, homemade breadsticks I used one of those "soup in a jar" gift mixes I got from a co-worker and spiced it up. I made homemade breadsticks (a huge accomplishment, I have a strange fear of making homemade bread products) from a recipe I found on a blog. They turned out quite well!

Monday: Shepherd's Pie, Jell-O This is a hodge podge Shepherd's pie, I was low on ground beef so I added ground black beans. I had no beef gravy so I mixed beef boullian, water and onion soup mix. We'll see how it tastes. The Jell-O contains a container of yogurt Hubby refused to eat for at least a week, even though I packed it in his lunch every single day.

Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin, Potato Wedges, Broccoli My good meal of the week!

Wednesday: Dinner in the car, not sure what though...

Thursday: Arby's, we got coupons in the paper and Hubby has been begging to go ever since.

Friday: Not sure....

Saturday & Sunday: At in-laws for Christmas/Hubby's Birthday celebration

Monday: Spaghetti Having my family (parents + sisters) over to celebrate our mom's 49th Birthday!

Tuesday: Pizza, chips, birthday cake Having friends over for pizza and games to celebrate Hubby's 25th Birthday!! Luckily Tuesday is 1/2 price for any Large or X-Large pizza at our favorite place, yay!

For more exciting meal plans and recipes, check out Laura's blog: The Org Junkie!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i love arbys! probably b/c we don't have one close by.

glad that you got the book - happy reading!

Unknown said...

Dodgeball! Wow! My husband and son would love to play!
Me - I would stay on the sidelines because they would be aiming for me. lol
Have a terrific week.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love Arby's but my husband doesn't like to go there a lot because he worked there in highschool and ate in constantly.