Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baking Day!

I've been lurking but not posting much lately. I haven't grocery shopped in 2 weeks which has saved us a bunch of money. And I've been incrediably busy with my church!

But on Sunday when Hubby was gone to the Teen Service (He loves teens so much!) I decided to whip up some cookies. I snagged some store brand m&ms for super cheap (like a large deli salad containers full for $1.25) so I made cocoa faux m&m cookies. As I started mixing, I thought a double batch sounded like a good idea. So I was creaming butter and sugars, no problem. Add vanilla. I started frantically digging around for it and couldn't find it, so I added some water to make up for the missing mositure. Then add flour. OH NO!! I didn't have enough flour! So I hurried down to our local store in my ratty sweats for a bag of flour. I ended up putting 4 dozen cookies in the freezer and having about 15 cookies left out for snacking and lunches.

Cookie Recipe:

2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugarstir
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (or faux m&ms)

Cream margerine, shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix. Add dry ingredients and mix thorougly. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350*F for about 10 minutes, or until slightly brown on the top. Let cool for a minute or two on cookie sheet before removing to cooling racks.

No comments: