Monday, September 15, 2008

Menu Planning Monday!

Last week we only got half our meals in! Our well laid plans quickly went by the way-side with an unexpected visit from my sister and some other stuff that popped up. But that’s the beauty of meal planning, I knew what we were going to eat if we needed it and can just bump some meals to next week. This weeks plan is tentative as well, we may be having the in-laws over during the weekend. Not sure who or how many or when/how long, so not much can be set in stone at this point. So here is our rough plan:

Monday – Lemon Pepper Linguine, garlic bread, broccoli

Tuesday – ???

Wednesday – Enchiladas (carry over)

Thursday – Biscuits and Gravy (carry over)

Friday – Bon fire! Hot dogs, chips, etc.

Last week I tried a new recipe, Pizza Cobbler. It was good, I’ve included the recipe below.

Yesterday, I got a head start on meal prep for the week. I made the enchilada filling, baked 18 plain biscuits and 12 garlic cheddar biscuits and put those in the freezer for later this week. I also made oatmeal scotchie cookies and froze half the batch for later.

Pizza Cobbler (sorry this isn’t very exact)

Ingredients

Can of Biscuits
1.5 cups pizza sauce
cheese
Pizza Toppings (we used onion, green pepper, ½ pack of pepperoni)
Any spices
Dash of oil

Sauté onion and green pepper until tender (could also do mushrooms), add pizza/spaghetti sauce and some water (I did about ½ cup) to get consistency you like. Sprinkle any spices you like into the sauce mix. Let simmer for a few minutes until heated and a good consistency.

While this was heating I laid my pepperoni in a single layer on a paper towel lined plate and mircowaved them for about 45 seconds to get a bunch of grease out.

Pour sauce mix into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle meat on top (pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon, etc). Sprinkle cheese on top of meat.

Cut biscuits into quarters and drop on top of cheese layer.

Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, until hot, bubbly and biscuits and cooked. I brushed ours with garlic butter when done cooking.

This worked out really well, as I put it together on Thursday night and just had hubby pop it in the oven when he got home. When I got home, dinner was ready! Yay!!
For more great meal plans, recipes and ideas, check out Menu Planning Monday hosted by Laura, the Organzing Junkie!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

that sounds delish!!! :)