Thursday, July 31, 2008

I scream, we all scream!

I love ice cream. LOVE IT! And I just so happen to live within walking distance from my favorite ice cream place, Tasty Treat. But at $1.75 for a small (granted a small equals at least 2 big scoops), it was just too pricey for a frugalite like myself to go there often. But I still want ice cream treats!

Solution: Buying ice cream treats on sale with coupons!! A few weeks ago I purchased M&M Ice Cream treats on sale for 1/2 price + $1 off coupon, so it was about $1.30 for a box of 5! This week, I picked up 2 boxes of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats on sale for $2.50 a box + $1 coupon, so thats $1.50 for a box of 6! So at $0.25 a treat, I can have my ice cream and eat it too :)

So instead of walking to Tasty Treat for ice cream, we grab a treat from the freezer and headout for a walk along the lake for much cheaper!

No comments: